Favorite Posts

Monday, November 4, 2013

Monsters University Birthday Party

The chevron digital paper is from Erin Kay Studio. I just changed the color to match my theme. I made the frame myself. I used Monster AG font for Charlotte, Varsity Regular font for is turning 5, Kristen ITC Semi-Expanded font for the date and regrets, and Home & Hearth Outline Bold for Charlotte's house, Just Cole font for address.

I posted a blank invite that you can either hand write on or add your own text. You can find it here.
I have always adored the background that was done on this Sesame Street party! I love using crepe paper streamer because it is so inexpensive.
I thought the cake that Beth Kruse had done at her Monsters Inc. party rocked! Charlotte loves Sully and I knew I had to attempt the furry Sully level. The Wilton grass tip is so not fun to work with! Even though, I think it was worth it in the end.When we watched the movie in the theater I thought it was really funny when Randy made cupcakes that spelled be my pal. It was a very easy way to incorporate him into the party food. I just used Wilton red sparkle gel to pipe on the letters.
I also loved the Mike Wazowski grape platter that Beth Kruse had at her Monsters Inc. party. I was in the Dollar Store and found this plastic green chip platter that worked perfect for Mike. I used my Making Memories circle cutter and colored cardstock to make the eye. I adhered it to the platter with glue dots.
The food label cards I made to match the invitation. I posted blank ones that you can either hand write on or add your own text. You can find them here.
My Mother-in-law made the adorable monster sandwiches. I found them at My Own Road blog and knew they would be perfect. She has a great tutorial and you should check it out!
Since Charlotte wanted to be Squishy for Halloween I thought it would be a perfect outfit to wear for her birthday picture. The polka dot digital paper is from Secret Stash. The fonts are Varsity Regular font and Monster AG font. I also made a MU tag for the top of the candy jar. Charlotte made the box at a Lowe's Build and Grow clinic.
Here is Art's craft station. There was Monsters University coloring pages and a monster bookmark craft.


My two year old glued googly eyes to the buckets for me :) We filled the bottom of each bucket with candy or small toys and the kids tried to throw an eyeball in the bucket to get a prize. I just let the kids keep trying until they got something and then they were allowed to go to the end of the line to play again.
I got the idea for the eye ping pong balls from this Monster Inc. party. I just used Sharpies to draw them on.
The game was a huge hit!!!
For the favors I made a sheet of Monsters University logos and had them printed on adhesive paper. I just cut them out right along the outside black edge and stuck them to mini composition books that I bought at the Dollar Store. I got lucky and found the pencils on clearance at Walmart. I just used green washi tape to stick them to the notebooks. 


I link up at these linky parties

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by for a visit after you left a sweet comment on my blog and I was blown away by this birthday party!! My three year old is in love with Monster's Inc right now. Love love love the Sully cake!! I'll have to keep these ideas in mind for my baby's next birthday! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww...you are so nice :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really great ideas! Where did you make the food label cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I made them along with the invitation. I had meant to post the food label cards a long time ago but never did. I will try to post blank ones with the characters that you will be able to add your own text later this week! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
    2. If you still need the food label cards I finally posted them

      Delete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. https://thepartycharacters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... https://miamisuperhero.com/party-characters/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... party characters

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has varied creative usages. You can find different sizes and weights of card stock to use for your project or art work. wholesale craft glitter

    ReplyDelete